Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Polish, Swaps and more!

Why hello followers! I'm so excited because I'm doing a swap with Elodie over at Accropolish, the blog she has going is so great!! This is obviously my first swap so I want to see how this one goes first but if everything goes as planned I would totally be open to doing more! I am really looking forward to all the new brands I'll be getting like Catrice and Mavala =) I'll DEFINITELY be swatching them right when I get them!

On to the polish..today I am showing you Yucatan if You Want by OPI.

How do ya like it? Its a cream almost terracotta color (pink/red/brown).  The application was pretty great, covered opaque in two coats and I really cant say anything bad about it...it went on pretty cleanly and average. I bought the color initially because i saw it on a fellow blogger's post and I just had to have it.  I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone a little so I've been trying to get a bunch of reds and pinks because I despise them...this polish did not help change my idea of them though.  It looks great in the bottle, but when it got on my nails, I'm not sure if its just because of my skin tone with it or not but I HATE IT.  I tried to spruce it up with a little design on my ring finger..I think it definitely made the manicure a 100x better. 



Okay so please please please ignore my cuticles, I've stopped biting my nails but ripping the cuticles is still a horrible habit of mine :/

For the design I used Black and Hologram Glitter Color Club Art Club Nail Art Lacquer. As you can see its a pretty simple design, I'm really not the master of designs yet haha.  I put a top coat OVER the design (lately I have discarded my Seche Vite for a much cheaper and in my opinion NYC Long Wearing Extra Shiny Top Coat).  

I hope you guys enjoyed this post with a little flare..more of this stuff to comee! Goodnight =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...