Thursday, March 17, 2011

Essie- Island Hopping!

I went a little picture happy today so bear with me haha. I've been doing so much posting today..way to be on top of things Lauren =) I have a nice green to show you next for St. Patty's Day but for this post I am showing you...

Island Hopping by Essie.







*All of these photos were taken inside under and artificial light source.

So...about this polish.  I was taking full inventory of every Essie polish that Walgreens had when I stumbled upon one that wasn't a "normal Essie".  By normal Essie I mean, a sheer light pink or pastel. Isn't it true? Because of this I just had to have it.  Although the color is pretty, I'm not sold.  The application was only so-so, a bit thick compared to the other experiences I've had with Essie polishes.  Not surprisingly this polish chipped in about 1 1/2 days of wearing it.  I used this polish over break so I wasn't really doing any hands on activities either, hmmm. (sleeping doesn't really require much of that lol). Well, for what it was worth I'd say it was a worthwhile purchase. The color was just brown enough so it's not a "pink"..more of a mauve haha. I love how I have to talk myself out of colors being pinks so I will like them more, such a bad habit of mine. ($8)

How do you guys like this color? Have any of you tried it and had trouble with the consistency like I did?

P.S- Don't you just wish you could have an in house nail shaper extraordinaire sometimes. My shape is getting just a little too unruly for me.  Maybe it's time for a real nail salon manicure hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...