Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Relay For Life

Hey girls, I don't have any polish for you today.  Although this might be totally uncalled for on a simple nail blog and I usually wouldn't fundraise like this, I want to exhaust all of my options.  Please take the time to read this, I would really appreciate it.

This year (like the last two) I am participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life of Sacred Heart University! It's a very special event to fight cancer and honor our friends and family members wo have battled cancer...and it has been organized entirely by students! At the event we have the unique opportunity to have fund while fundraising much-needed funds to fight cancer and rase awareness for cancer prevention and treatment.

Cancer is something that has, and continues to affect my life on a a daily basis.  All throughout college I have been heavily involved with my school's Relay For Life event, holding committee positions three years running.  The reason I do this is is to try and give back to the organization that has had a direct had in curing my mothers cancer who was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in 2003.  Relay For Life also gives me a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer like my mother, remember those who have lost their lives, and to fight back against the disease that has caused too much pain for far too long.

My goal this year is to raise $500 in donations.  Would you please make a tax deductible donation to the American Cancer Society on my behalf? Your gift will help save the lives of many mothers, brothers, children and grandparents who are cancer survivors.  To donate please follow the link at the bottom of this message to my personal web page and make a secure online donation.  you can make a one- time gift or increase your impact by making a monthly donation to the American Cancer Society.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11NE?px=9079121&pg=personal&fr_id=29328

** The date of my Relay event is THIS FRIDAY, March 18-19th so if you wish to donate, please try and do it before this date.**

Thank you in advance for your generosity.  It means a lot to me to know my fellow bloggers support my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...