Monday, January 3, 2011

Lets start this thing!

I am so excited to add my first post in which I finally show you guys some nail polish! So today after a very short work day (woo woo!) I got right to painting my nails which was such a relief because I have had Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Grey Area on my nails for about a week and they were getting chipped beyond recognition.  Anyways, I chose a polish that I just got for christmas (ironically from the Christmas Tree Shop).  It is called Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Virtual Violet.  


I started with my favorite base/topcoat (Orly Nail Defense, from CVS) which I will use every time I lacquer up along with Sinful Colors Professional Quick Dry Enamel (before the topcoat) because I have no patience haha.

Its the winter season so I apologize for the dry cuticles, Im going to see what I can do about that.

                                                            Base Coat+1st Coat-FLASH

                                                        Base Coat+1st Coat-NO FLASH

As you can see, it turned out a lot more iridescent and lighter than expected on the first coat (the polish in real life IS NOT as blue as it seems in the picture, it is more purple).

                                                Second Coat+Quick Dry+Top Coat-FLASH

This polish gets a lot darker with the second coat as you can tell, which I loved because the one thing I hate most is colors not being what I expected.  As for this polishes application, I wasn't too thrilled.  I hear many people RAVE about Sally Hansen's brush but I seemed to have nothing but problems with it. Personally, I think it picks up too much polish and maybe because my nails are small but its too big for my nails making application crazy messy.  Also, there are a couple bubbles in each of my nails which is especially distracting with such an iridescent polish.  Other than all that though I love the color so I'm happy!

Welp, I hope you all enjoyed my first real post because theres plenty more where that came from! If anybody has comments, tips, criticisms etc. please feel free to comment and let me know what you think =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...