Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowed In.

Hey everyone! Is it just me or does everybody despise the snow? I mean, it looks all cute and fluffy when it first falls..but then give it like 3 or 4 days and it turns black! Ick. Not to mention the fact that everyone is driving at 5 mph making me late to things. Snow just isn't as fun as it was when I was a kid anymore...BUT, it gives me time to relax and paint my nails =)

Today, the color I used is Azure by Sula. Its a really interesting polish because I'm not sure if any of you have seen a bottle before but its advertised as "Paint and Peel", meaning you just peel the lacquer off when desired, no polish remover needed. How cool is that!? I haven't taken it off yet but in my next post I'll let you know if it worked..I'm really interested to see it
myself.
How do ya'll like it? Its a nice teal color, and I can honestly say that I don't have any other polish thats close to the same color..so that's a plus. To be quite honest, it looks better in the pictures..but maybe it's because they were taken before I slept on them and fucked 'em up. Im not sure how the application was because I tried out this new ridge filler from Ulta (that I bought yesterday along with a few other polishes- Lotsa Luxe by Ulta, Tease-y Does It by OPI, and a baby trio of Brisbane Bronze, Botoga Blackberry, and Black Cherry Chutney- which, SCORE, were all on clearance!) as a base coat before I lacquered up (making the application of Azure really blotchy and streaky). It turned out looking great, but I had to use three coats-which I really have no problem with because the polish was only 99 cents. Here's a quick picture off all the polishes I just listed (in order, except for Azure), I will be swatching them all in posts to come.

After long consideration, I finally bought Seche Vite..which as many of you I'm sure know is the best of the best top coat..and wow, it really is!! It gives your polish such a boost and makes it look perfect, shiny and feel smooth...but there is a downside, it retails for about $9 which for my penny pinching college wallet was hard to shake..but I just had to get it and I'm glad I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...